Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A bank ran a credit report on me. Am I entitled to a copy?

They say there are derogitory items on it but wont let me see the report. Arent they suppose to give me a copy?



I am in Washington state



A bank ran a credit report on me. Am I entitled to a copy?

No they are actually not allowed to even show you their copy. If you were declined you will receive a letter in about 10 days stating the reason why you were declined and the credit reporting agency they got the information from.



With that letter you have 60 days to send a request by mail to the company listed and get a free copy of your report. This does not go against the free credit report you are entitled to once per year from the main 3 Credit Reporting Agencies from http://www.annualcreditreport.com



A bank ran a credit report on me. Am I entitled to a copy?

No, only if they decline you for the loan, then your entitled to request a copy for free from the service they used. You can only get 2 a year I believe using this method.



A bank ran a credit report on me. Am I entitled to a copy?

I think you have a right to get a copy, but you have to get it from the credit reporting agency giving them the report, not the lender. Then, I%26#039;d dispute everything negative, or provide documentation that it has been paid. They have 30 days to resolve the debt, or remove it from your file (Reference: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, both federal laws). Good luck. Anything you can do to screw credit agencies, especially if it%26#039;s a bank, I am fully with you.



A bank ran a credit report on me. Am I entitled to a copy?

You can get a credit report yourself from like free credit report dot com or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive