Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I have a fraudulent item on my credit report from years ago. How can I get it removed?

My father took out a credit card in my name when I was 13 years old. Now I am 21 and looking to build my credit but there is a credit card charged off due to bankruptcy with a 5000 dollar credit balance from 8 years ago. Please help me with removing these records.



I have a fraudulent item on my credit report from years ago. How can I get it removed?

Send a letter disputing the charge to all three credit bureaus. Also send proof that you were only 13 at the time and therefore couldn%26#039;t have legally entered into a contract, let alone get a credit card without being old enough to work. They%26#039;ll investigate it. Hopefully you won%26#039;t have any troulbe getting it removed.



I had to do the same thing when my mom put utilities in my name. I had to pay them off years later and ended up sending several things proving that I never lived at that address. It took awhile, but I eventually got them removed.



I have a fraudulent item on my credit report from years ago. How can I get it removed?

If you obtain a copy of your credit report, there should be a number to call or a form to fill out to dispute any reports on your record. They will investigate, let them know that you were only 13 at the time of this %26quot;credit delinquency%26quot; and they should be able to remove it.



I have a fraudulent item on my credit report from years ago. How can I get it removed?

After 8 years, it should no longer be on your credit report any way..



contact the credit reporting agency and have it removed



I have a fraudulent item on my credit report from years ago. How can I get it removed?

Good Luck! We just went through this issue when refinancing. An unpaid charge of about $500 came up on all three credit reports from about 5 years ago. I got copies of my canceled checks that were endorsed by the store, send them off with a letter to the credit agencies and they told me that I had to send a 100 pag statement to them, blah, blah, blah..........



I didn%26#039;t...I have the copies and am prepared to show them to anyone who wants them.



By the way, the company is long out of business so how do they not believe me with proof???



Keep your proof and offer it when asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive