Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why has my credit report taken a big leap into hell yet I haven't done anything to change anyth

I go from %26quot;superman%26quot; credit to %26quot;dogface%26quot; city yet all my bills are paid and everything! I don%26#039;t really expect anyone to explain my finances but, has this happened to you at any time?



Why has my credit report taken a big leap into hell yet I haven%26#039;t done anything to change anything?

Your credit REPORT would only change if you actually changed things-- inquiries, high balances on your cards, missed payments, etc. Double check that there are no fraudulent activities.



However, your score does sometimes jump around. I%26#039;ve seen mine drop 50 points over night and I compared the two reports, and tehy were identical. However, its not like i went from stellar to dogface...it was a fair report to begin with and stayed in that range.



Pull all 3 reports and check it for accuracy. Keep in mind tha utiization makes up 35% of yoru score, so just using up more of your creidt limit dings the score pretty bad. History is 10%, so closing your older accounts also really hurts-- as well as opening up new ones that would drag down your average acount length.



Why has my credit report taken a big leap into hell yet I haven%26#039;t done anything to change anything?

Maybe someone stole your identity. Get a copy of your credit report and be sure that there aren%26#039;t any charges on it that you didn%26#039;t make.



Why has my credit report taken a big leap into hell yet I haven%26#039;t done anything to change anything?

oh you need to check it out thoroughly. you might have someone using your identity. You can get a copy of your credit report for free once a year. Or apply for something you dont think they will give you and get a free one when they turn you down. But do it soon the sooner you catch an idetity theft the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive