Saturday, October 31, 2009

When running your credit report, do car dealers count JOINT expenses as HALF your debt?

My credit union isn%26#039;t being very helpful. I want to buy a car. But they are counting my mortgage (which I split with my wife) as ALL MY DEBT. Do car dealers (such as Toyota, Honda, etc) make allowances for this, knowing that the debt is not entirely mine... and therefore count only HALF of it as my debt? Thank you...



When running your credit report, do car dealers count JOINT expenses as HALF your debt?

They will NOT divide your debt. They need to figure your income based on the possibility the other person on the loan(s) defaults, which will make you liable for the bill. Your credit report will state your monthly obligations, which includes all joint debts. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive