Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to d

That is the only issue I have had with my credit, I thought that it would be off of there in about 7 years? ANy ideas



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

It should be off. Dispute it with the credit bureau as being beyond the 7 year reporting period.



ADD:



diesel6999999 post is completely inaccurate. It%26#039;s no wonder so many people become confused when someone claims expertise and gives out such bad information.



The 7 year reporting period is mandated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

Was it paid in full? If not, don%26#039;t count on any 7 year thing. Check again in 2995.



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

Do you still have the account? If so, it may be there for as long as you have the account . . .



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

it should has been deleted off after 7 seven years. you should call up credits reports agencies and make them take it off.



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

Why don%26#039;t you pay the debt that you owe.



I have on my credit report a account that was past due 60 days back in 1995, when is this going to disappear?

There is NO restriction on time for a debt to be removed, that is a Miss- conception on the consumers part. The reason people say there is a 7 year removal, because they confuse it with other statutes. The fact is, that in most cases, the co. reporting to the credit agencies have an contractual agreement, and pay to report the infractions as part of their agreement. In most cases, their contract runs for 7 years, and they have an option to update that info after the 7 years, but since that cost them to reinstate the info, they usually do not ! That being said, if you want it removed, contact the co. reporting, and tell them you want proof it was late, (by letter), they have 30 days from the date they receive your letter to respond. Most Co%26#039;s will state they no longer have that proof. Ask for that in writing, and use that letter to have it removed from all the agencies. P.S If it is coming off in the 7 yr period , check the month of the occurrence, and add a couple of months from that date. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive